This post is dedicated to my 'face of the day' - makeup for work. As I work in retail I'm not allowed to be too extravagant but I still love looking good!
Products used:
- W7 prime magic face primer
- Face of Australia volumising big lash mascara
- NYX baked blush - BBL10 Lady like
- Face of Australia budge proof gel eyeliner
- Rimmel Stay Matte dual action concealer
- Maybelline shine free loose powder
- Essence Quattro eyeshadow - 'to die for'
- Essence brow pencil
- Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin
- NYX Jumbo eye pencil
- Elf wet gloss lash and brow clear mascara
- Maybelline cover stick
- Elf highdefinition powder
- Australis Make Up finishing spritz
My makeup is fairly simple with a focus put on my eyes. The primer is a fairly cheap chemist brand topped with the Maybelline foundation. Concealer was used under the eyes and on red spots, my eyes were set with the elf high definition powder. For the rest of my face the shine free powder from Maybelline was used - this I find is a much lighter alternative to the compact powders. The blush was applied to the apples of my cheeks, it was quite pigmented so a lot of blending was required.
As I have smallish eyes, I always like to make them my main focus so I used the NYX Jumbo pencil as a base with the Rimmel 'Walnut Pearls' eyeshadow over the top, the lighter colour was used in the inner corner of my eye and the darker colour was blended into my lid and crease. Without the NYX jumbo pencil the colour would not be as pigmented as it is and it wouldn't be as long lasting either. The winged eyeliner was done with the Face of Australia budge proof gel eyeliner. This has become my 'go-to' eyeliner as it is easily applied, doesn't make my eyes water, and perfect for long days at work. The final component of my eyes is my mascara. This is the Face of Australia 'Big-Lash' mascara. Recently I rediscovered this mascara and it has become a fave! It's not clumpy and it makes my eyelashes long! Just the way I like them.
My makeup is fairly simple with a focus put on my eyes. The primer is a fairly cheap chemist brand topped with the Maybelline foundation. Concealer was used under the eyes and on red spots, my eyes were set with the elf high definition powder. For the rest of my face the shine free powder from Maybelline was used - this I find is a much lighter alternative to the compact powders. The blush was applied to the apples of my cheeks, it was quite pigmented so a lot of blending was required.
As I have smallish eyes, I always like to make them my main focus so I used the NYX Jumbo pencil as a base with the Rimmel 'Walnut Pearls' eyeshadow over the top, the lighter colour was used in the inner corner of my eye and the darker colour was blended into my lid and crease. Without the NYX jumbo pencil the colour would not be as pigmented as it is and it wouldn't be as long lasting either. The winged eyeliner was done with the Face of Australia budge proof gel eyeliner. This has become my 'go-to' eyeliner as it is easily applied, doesn't make my eyes water, and perfect for long days at work. The final component of my eyes is my mascara. This is the Face of Australia 'Big-Lash' mascara. Recently I rediscovered this mascara and it has become a fave! It's not clumpy and it makes my eyelashes long! Just the way I like them.
The final few products used on my face were for my brows, because I have darker hair I like to fill my brows in to make them more defined, today I used the Essence Brow Pencil and highlighter with the lightest shade from the Essence Quattro Eyeshadow - 'to die for'.
My makeup was then all set with the Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz which keeps my makeup in place for the whole day!
Here is the final look:
Hopefully you all found this post interesting, please comment feed back or anything you want to see. I will be posting again very soon.
Caitlin xx
~ Instagram: _hey_its_caitlin ~




No comments:
Post a Comment