Thursday, 12 March 2015

February Faves


  Hi Everyone!

I'm so sorry for the delay in this post, the past few weeks have been so insane!  I have literally not had time for anything.

Anyway its time for my February Favorites - These 10 products have been my most reached for this past month and I look forward to sharing them with you all. So hopefully you enjoy!

Again these products are in no particular order and the prices are based on retail value at the time, however unfortunately I could not find a price for some of these products

1# Chi Chi Rose Wall of Shimmer
           ~ I'm not gonna lie, I'm absolutely in love with this product! It's honestly just such a beautiful product, I love the packaging - it's just so sleek and glamorous. The wall of shimmer contains five shades which can be used individually or all together. This product retails for about $19.95, and is the perfect illuminator and blush all in one.
 
2# Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volume Express Mascara
          ~ So this product is a fairly newish product to the Maybelline Mascara range and it's already one that I reach for the most. The brush is fairly large compared to others I own, however it works well to lengthen and volumise my lashes, for someone who loves big eyes this is honestly such a great product.
I love it!
This Mascara can be found for about $19.95.

3# NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer
             ~ Ever since I found this product I have not used anything else for the dark circles I have under my eyes, it is my saviour! It is a fairly thick consistency but I have found this product to be the best one yet at concealing dark circles, not only this, but it's long lasting and can be found for around $9.95, such a good price for such a great product.

4# You, Me and Every Body Saving Face Hydrating Mist Toner
          ~ Okay, so unfortunately with this product I have no idea how much it actually is, I bought this off Catch of the Day and it came with two other products - if you are interested in purchasing this I recommend that you try Catch of the Day first as I'm unsure where else it could be purchased at. This product is fairly self-explanatory, it's a hydrating toner in a spray form. It honestly made my face feel so good though! I usually use this product at night along with my Garnier Micellar Water and it has made my face look so much more healthy. I highly recommend !

5# Australis Velourlips - SHANG-HI!
          ~ So I have been a massive fan of the Velourlips range since it was first brought out, but this month they introduced new colours, one of which was SHANG-HI! This colour, out of all of them, is probably my fave. I don't even know how to explain it really, it's a colour that goes with almost everything, it makes a statement without being too bold and like all of the Velourlips, it lasts a very long time! You can find all of these available for around the $10 mark.
Down below is a  photo of me wearing this colour

6# Mirenesse Secret Weapon 24hr eyeliner - Purple Rain
         ~ Again this is a product that I have no idea of the price, as it was another Catch of the Day purchase however they have since sold out. I first started using this product in the lead up to the Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask release (Feb 14) as I was doing inspired makeup. The colouring of this product is amazing and it stays bright and lasts all day. The applicator is easy to work with, it is definitely something to consider for anyone wanting to try something a little bit more out there.

7# Chi Chi Makeup Blending Sponge

         ~ Out of all of my February faves, THESE SPONGES ARE MY FAVOURITE !!!!! I literally don't think I'll use anything else for a long time, they honestly do exactly what I want and are sooooo affordable ! ($5.95) At the moment, I only have two, however I cannot wait to buy more. I 100% recommend these sponges to anyone, I used to use the Kmart blending sponges and I am absolutely kicking myself for not making the switch sooner - it is literally all in the textures of the two sponges, compare a Kmart one with one of the Chi Chi ones and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, and believe me, it makes all the difference. It is worth the extra $1.95.

8# Australis "Oh Hai Brow" Brow Shaping Kit
      ~ There are many brow products on the market, but this one is one that I keep coming back to. The packaging is fairly simply and compact. Inside the kit there is two different brow shades, a highlighter, brow wax, tweezers and an angled brush. I use the darker shade of the two and I find that it is a perfect match. Even when I had purple/red hair, I still used this particular colour and it still completely matched-- my eyebrows weren't the same colour as my hair of course, but the colour still suited me. And now that my hair is significantly darker (basically black) I don't really feel like I need to change products as this one contains the perfect brown for me, no matter the hair colour. You can find this kit for under $20, however I'm fairly sure that this particular one was a priceline exclusive.

9# NP Set Eye Palette - Seattle
        ~ This isn't the only eye palette that I own from NP, however this month it was definitely a fave (featured in my last "face of the day" posts). I am always so pleased with the pigment of NP products, and this was no exception. The colours work so well individually or all together and last forever. Unfortunately I have no idea of the price of this product but if I find out, I'll let you all know. It is a  must have in my books,

 10# Okay, so this product is my final fave for February and it is the NYX Butter lipsticks. At the moment I only own three of this range but I look forward to purchasing more. These lipsticks are so hydrating and super stunning colours. There is no extra products needed to make these colours stay, its all in the lipstick and its fantastic. Of the three colour I have, my fave would have to be "Snow Cap" as it is the perfect shade to make my lips nude. These Lipsticks can be found for around $12-13 and any of these colours would be a great addition to anyone's collection.

Alrighty guys, that's it for today's post. Again, I am so sorry for the delay, I will try to add more posts soon.

Hopefully you enjoyed

Caitlin xx


~Instagram: _hey_its_caitlin ~



No comments:

Post a Comment